Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weight Watchers Works For Some

I just spoke with a cousin of mine who has a serious issue with her weight. Her biggest problem is that she has some medical issues and the medications cause her to gain weight. Over the last year she has went from around 190 pounds to 235 pounds which seems to be a fairly common trend with here. She's always been a bit over weight but since starting on the medications her weight will skyrocket and then she loses the weight and puts it back on again. This cycle of weight loss and gain has gone on over and over for several years, sometimes not as drastic as this past year.

Anyway I thought I'd let you know that when her weight get too high she usually joins a weight watchers program. I'm not a big fan of weight loss centers or so called weight loss systems as most are just big money pits in my opinion. However, for here the added motivation, constant monitoring and accountability to an outsider is what it takes for her to lose weight. I really had never thought about the benefits that weight watchers and other weight loss programs provide. My biggest hang up on these weight loss systems was always the costs involved and the constant products they tried to push on you. If your looking for a weight loss product that really works my cousin swears by weight watcher and their weight loss products.

No comments: